This is a Privacy Notice for BI WORLDWIDE’s Engage Your World website (“the Website”), a site through which BI WORLDWIDE (“BI WORLDWIDE” or “BIW”) promotes business services.
BIW is a global performance improvement agency specialising in event management, sales and channel incentive solutions and employee engagement programmes. BIW is part of the global firm Schoeneckers Inc. and employs more than 1,500 Associates throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. BIW’s EMEA offices are located in Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire and work with clients based within the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Website is operated on BIW’s behalf by Melon Design & Marketing Ltd, 6 & 7 Britten's Court, Clifton Reynes, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK46 5LG, who is acting as a data processor for the purposes of data protection law (this means Melon Design & Marketing Ltd will only use Your information on BIW’s instructions and in accordance with a written contract that ensures Your rights are protected).
You have been invited to provide personally identifiable information as part of a request for more information (“Marketing Enquiry”) in conjunction with the Website. BIW has a legitimate interest in the collection of your personal information to follow up with You regarding this Marketing Enquiry.
BIW collects personal information that You provide when you:
The following types of personal information will be collected and processed by the Marketing Enquiry: Name, Job Title, Company Name, Company Address, Business Phone Number, Business Email Address, IP Address, CV.
BIW may already legitimately possess some personal information about You that may be combined with additional personal information that is collected in connection with the Marketing Enquiry. Collection, processing, and storage of personal information are required to follow-up on the Marketing Enquiry.
BI WORLDWIDE will collect and use personal information about You to:
You have the choice to not provide the personal information necessary to participate in the Marketing Enquiry. If You choose not to provide the personal information requested, BIW will not be able to follow-up on the Marketing Enquiry.
BIW only store personal information so long as it is required for the purpose(s) it’s collected for (or for a related compatible purpose, such as keeping a record of a communication). BIW regularly reviews what data is held and delete that which is no longer necessary.
BI WORLDWIDE respects the privacy of Your personal information and will not share it with third parties, except where necessary to respond to the Marketing Enquiry.
Your personal information will only be used for the intended purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, or for a closely related purpose in conjunction with the Marketing Enquiry.
Your personal information will be used by BIW to the extent required to:
When it is necessary to share personal information from the Marketing Enquiry with a third party, Your personal information will be properly protected, only the minimum personal information required will be shared, and it will be shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Your personal information may be shared:
BIW will collect the following types of information and use analytics services to help make improvements to the Marketing Enquiry and/or the Website, or to troubleshoot problems:
BIW EMEA normally only stores personal information from the Website within the European Economic Area (EEA). In the event that BIW does have to transfer Your personal information outside of the EEA then BIW will take steps to make sure adequate levels of privacy protection, in line with UK data protection law, are in place. These safeguards will usually be contractual and/or the result of a European Union decision which allows the transfer (for example, a US organisation which is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework).
All information You provide to BIW is stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and even the best policy cannot protect Your online privacy and security in all circumstances. BIW will do its utmost to protect Your personal data. However, any transmission is at Your own risk. Once BIW has received Your Marketing Enquiry, BIW will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
When it is necessary to transfer Your personal information outside of the country in which it is stored, BI WORLDWIDE takes steps to make sure adequate levels of privacy protection in line with applicable data protection laws are in place. These privacy protection measures are contractually required of all parties involved in the transfer.
BI WORLDWIDE respects Your rights to access and control Your personal information which include:
1) Right to information – This right provides You with the ability to ask BI WORLDWIDE for information about what personal information about You is being processed and the rationale for such processing.
2) Right to access – This request provides You with the right to see or view Your own personal information that is being processed, as well as to request copies of Your personal information.
3) Right to rectification – This right provides You with the ability to ask for modifications to Your personal information if You believe that Your personal information is not up to date or accurate. You can update Your personal information by using the “Contact Us” option on the Website or emailing
4) Right to withdraw consent – This right provides You with the ability to withdraw previously given consent for processing of Your personal information for a specific purpose. Your request would then require BI WORLDWIDE to stop the processing of Your personal information that was based on the consent provided earlier.
5) Right to object – This right provides You with the ability to object to the processing of Your personal information. Normally, this would be the same as the right to withdraw consent, if consent was appropriately requested and no processing other than legitimate purposes is being conducted. However, a specific scenario would be when You ask that Your personal information not be processed for certain purposes while a legal dispute is ongoing in court.
6) Right to object to automated processing – This right provides You with the ability to object to a decision based solely on automated processing. Using this right, You may ask that Your input (for instance, a questionnaire You completed) to be reviewed manually, because You believe that automated processing of Your responses may not consider Your unique situation.
7) Right to be forgotten – Also known as right to erasure, this right provides You with the ability to ask for the deletion of Your personal information. It is important to note that this is not an absolute right, and also must take into consideration BI WORLDWIDE’s rights.
8) Right for data portability – This right provides You with the ability to ask for transfer of Your personal information. As part of such request, You may ask for Your personal data to be provided directly to You, or transferred to another data controller other than BI WORLDWIDE. When doing so, Your personal information must be provided or transferred in a machine-readable electronic format.
Under applicable data protection laws, BI WORLDWIDE is a “Data Controller” of Your personal information collected by the Website. Data Controllers make decisions about how and why Your personal information is used by the Marketing Enquiry, and have a duty to ensure Your rights are protected.
The Marketing Enquiry and the Website is managed by BI WORLDWIDE’s EMEA offices located at 1 Vantage Court, Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire, MK16 9EZ, United Kingdom.
If You have any questions or concerns related to how Your data is used by the Marketing Enquiry, You should contact BI WORLDWIDE directly by sending an email with your name and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If You are not happy with the response from the Data Controller, or You believe that Your data protection or privacy rights have been infringed, You should contact the UK Information Commissioner's Office, which oversees data protection compliance in the UK. Details of how to do this can be found at www.ico.org.uk.